The Town of Lakewood Village (“The Town”) maintains this internet site as a service to the internet community.
The Town invites the internet user community to browse and peruse our Official Website for the purpose of information, education and communication with the Lakewood Village officials.
The Town will use reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information on its website, but makes no warranties or representations as to its accuracy. The data and graphics are not legal documents, and are not intended as such. All users agree that all access and use of our official website and the content thereof is at your own risk. Neither the Town of Lakewood Village, nor its internet service provider nor any other party involved in creating, producing or delivering our official website shall be liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect or punitive damages arising out of your access, use of or inability to use this website, or any errors or omissions in the content thereof.
The images of products, people or places within lakewoodvillagetx.us are either the property of, or used with permission by, the Town. The use or misuse of those images except as permitted herein is expressly prohibited. Any impermissible use or misuse of such images may be a violation of copyright law, trademark law, the law of slander and libel, the law or privacy and publicity, and communications regulations and statutes.
The Town of Lakewood Village is not responsible for the contents of any off-site pages referenced through links. The organizations that provide the information are responsible for such content themselves.
The purpose of the Town’s website is to provide information about the Town’s government, services and attractions. The Town’s website may provide links to websites outside the Town’s website that also serve these purposes. The Town is not responsible for and does not endorse the information on any linked website unless the Town’s website states otherwise. The following criteria will be used to decide whether to grant requests for Town website links. If a particular request does not fit any of the following criteria, the Town Council will decide whether to approve the request. The Town Council will approve the requested website link if it serves the general purpose of the Town’s website.
The Town’s website will provide links to websites for:
- Governmental and educational institutions
- Organizations with some relationship to the Town (including but not limited to: organizations contracting with the Town, organizations sponsoring Town activities or programs, and organizations participating in Town activities or programs.)
- Generally recognized community organizations
- Organizations providing information about art, cultural, and sporting activities in the Town’s area
- Organizations providing information about employment opportunities in the Town’s area
- Organizations providing information about tourist attractions in the Town’s area
- The Town’s official newspaper
The Town’s website will not provide links to websites for:
- Candidates for local, state or federal offices
- Political organizations or other organizations advocating a position on a local, state or federal issue
- Corporate or other for-profit organizations unless they fit any of the criteria stated above
- Individual or personal home pages
The Town of Lakewood Village does not keep any personal information about you or your visit to our Internet site unless you have specifically supplied it to us. In cases where you have supplied us with information or sent us an email, such information will be treated in accordance with the applicable provision of the Public Information Act. This means that such information may be considered public information available to the public upon request. To the extent allowed by the Act and opinion of the Attorney General, the Town will make reasonable efforts to protect personal and financial information from disclosure.
Banner images are ©JennyBrownPhotography.